Setting goals is a vital part of moving a business forward and maintaining that success. Yet, for many small businesses, setting and keeping track of goals is at the bottom of the to do list. It's no wonder then that 77% of business owners surveyed, reported that they are yet to achieve their vision. (Source: HuffPost)
The beginning of a new year is usually the time when most people will make resolutions (more like wish lists) to do or be better at something. Instead of making resolutions which will inevitably fall onto the "back burner" as the year progresses, practice setting real, actionable and trackable goals, and plot a path towards achieving them.
Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. ~Tony Robbins
Here are six powerful steps towards setting and achieving your business goals this year.
1. Define specific things that you want to accomplish and break them down into action steps that will help you visualize the path to success. Be sure to write down these goals and review them often.
2. Define your why. Why are you trying to accomplish the specific goals you've set? Knowing why you want to achieve your goals will help you to keep going when the going gets tough.
3. Set realistic time frames and milestones. There may be several steps to achieving your goals. Milestones help you keep track of your progress while time frames give you a sense of urgency and accountability for getting things done.
4. As the saying goes "if you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it." Many times when goals aren't realized it comes down to commitment. You have to be committed to the goal to keep at it. Get others involved in the goal setting to help you stay focused and on track.
5. Be prepared for change. More than likely, achieving your goals will require you to dig deeper and change the way that you think about or approach certain tasks. It may also require you to deepen your knowledge base, develop a new skill set, hire new talent or outsource to another company or agency. Don't see this as a setback or let it discourage you. See this as an investment and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
6. Stay motivated by celebrating milestones reached and periodically reviewing your progress.
Don't put off realizing your vision for your business by failing to set and track goals. Let us help you zero in on your objectives for this year and create a practical, actionable plan that moves you forward. Schedule your one on one consultation with us by clicking here.