TikTok is one of the newest Social Media platforms that has been trending lately around the world. It prides itself on being "the world's leading destination for short-form mobile videos."
As an entrepreneur, marketer, or business owner the natural question is whether TikTok is just for kids doing silly videos or a powerful tool to market your business?
The simple answer is a resounding YES - TikTok can be a powerful tool to market your business! There are plenty of brands currently using the platform that are reaping huge success - from big businesses like Fenty Beauty to small and even micro-businesses.
Does that mean your business should be on TikTok?
The more you know about how your customers discover your brand and make purchasing decisions, the better equipped you will be to execute on all other aspects of your business. ~ Cassandra Campbell
Other businesses using TikTok to market their products and services definitely doesn't mean that your business should join the bandwagon. Just like TikTok isn't everyone's cup of tea, it isn't the right fit for every business either.
So how would you know if yours should be there?
Here are 7 quick YES/NO questions to help you determine if TikTok is right for your business.
1. Does your business cater to people between the ages of 16 - 24? Are you trying to reach a younger audience?
2. Can you easily showcase your products or services in a video?
3. Do you have the time or resources to experiment with and create the right kind of content for TikTok?
4. Do you have a clear idea of how you would use TikTok for your business?
5. Are your current customers using TikTok?
6. Are you willing to get lighthearted, fun, and silly with your brand?
7. Are you willing to get involved in TikTok challenges and create challenges of your own?
8. Do you even like TikTok?
How did you answer?
Need help figuring out your Social Media Strategy? Learn how a 1:1 strategy session with me can help you gain clarity and execute your social media marketing with confidence.